How far is Kolad from Mumbai/Pune ?
- Mumbai – Approx 125 kms/3 hrs away, on the Mumbai – Goa Highway.
- Pune – Approx 110 kms/3 hrs away, taking the Mulshi-Ville Route.
The best option is to self drive or hire a vehicle, there are no public transport options readily available. You can also catch a train from Mumbai to Panvel. Once you reach Panvel station you can hop onto a sumo to Kolad or any ST bus going towards Mahad. You can also look up local trains heading towards Ratnagiri and get off at Kolad station.
Is transport included?
- No, none of the trips for Kolad have any transfers included.
How do we get from the end point to the start point?
- By rickshaws(Rs. 600 approx.)/Drivers( Rs. 300 approx.)
How far is the end point to the start point?
- 20 km(by road) – approx 30 min
How far is the highway from the end point?
- 5 km – approx 10 min
What grade rapids?
- Grade 2-3
Is it safe?
- Rafting is an extreme sport, We practice maximum safety operating procedures, and try to the best of our ability to avoid mishaps.
My dad/friend is a heart patient, Can he Raft?
- He can but he may not. Being an extreme sport, we don’t suggest Rafting for Heart Patients, Pregnant women, and those with extreme Motion Sickness. Nominal physical fitness is a prerequisite.
What is the height/Weight or age required to raft?
- Minimum height: 4 ft 6”; Maximum weight: 120 kgs. 14 year olds and above.
Is it a good time to raft?
- Rafting is a dam controlled activity in Kolad, the water levels are the same throughout the year.
How many people in a raft?
- Min 4 – Max 8
What time should we report for Rafting? | Can we come later?
- 08:00 am at the Rafting start point. | No, since rafting happens only once a day when the dam releases water.
How long is the course? How much time does it take?
- It’s a 11 km stretch, takes about 2-2.5 Hrs
Is jain food available?
What food will we get in the trips with meals?
- Maharashtrian cuisine cooked by the homestay members and served as a buffet.
Are there any restaurants around?
- Yes, Prabhakars at Kolad Naka, Aniket’s for fish, Maratha Palace, Royal garden, Punjabi Dhaba.
What kind of accommodation do you provide?
- Kolad is equipped with campsites, homestays, farmstays and Riverside Bungalows for accommodation options. Kolad experiences power cuts. Generator backups will be possible for a minimum of 30 -60 min and a max time as per the availability of fuel & the discretion of the accommodation. Luxury seekers can be assisted with resorts 40 kms before Kolad
Are there provisions for Campfires in the accommodation?
- Yes. Some accommodation options also offer barbecues to enhance the camping experience.
Is it safe in the outdoors?
- While in the outdoors its possible to sight rodents, snakes, scorpions, insects etc. We recommend & request to keep your rooms/tents shut, avoid food being left open and unattended. Do wear floaters or closed shoes while walking around the premises, carry & use a flashlight especially while moving around at night.
BOOKING YOUR TRIP
How do I book?
- Via email, let us know you want to book your trip with your trip requirement, You will receive a booking link to process the payment via credit/debit card. Check|Cash deposit option available too.
Can I make payments after reaching there?
- We have a 100% advance payment policy.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
What happens if I cancel the booking? Will I get a refund?
- Refunds on cancellation will be made based on Operator discretion as mentioned below
- 95% Refund for cancellations made 10 days prior to arrival
- 50% Refund for cancellations made between 10 days to 5 days prior to arrival
- No Refunds for cancellations made after 5 days prior to arrival
- No Refunds for No-Show
Are there lockers at the rafting start point?
- No, Please avoid carrying valuables
Are there changing | washrooms at the rafting start point/ end point?
- Not the ones you’d expect. It’s a very basic setup.
How is the weather in Kolad?
- Similar to Mumbai/Pune, though scenic and more pleasant in the mornings and evenings
What to carry?
- Lightweight Quick Dry clothing- tshirt & shorts, Towel, Toiletries, Water Bottle, Cap/Hat for the sun, Sunscreen,Sunglasses, Change of clothes, Personal medication if any.